Who is Valentina Dragomir Psychologist, Psychotherapist?
I am an integrative psychologist and psychotherapist, trainer and personal development counsellor. In my work in psychotherapy practice I focus on problem solving with my clients, helping people overcome difficulties they face in life, improving self-esteem and connecting more compassionately with themselves.
I have experience as an English speaking psychotherapist for expats living in Bucharest, Romania. I am working with people from different cultures, which allows me to easily build the foundation of the psychotherapeutic alliance to provide the best psychological support to people who come into my practice.
I can help you if:
- you feel stuck in certain situations and can’t get out of them;
- you have relationship and communication problems;
- you have problems related to various mental health disorders;
- you are afraid to be yourself and feel lonely;
- you are looking for a place to express yourself freely and without fear;
- you have a conflict in your relationship and don’t know how to resolve it;
- you want to get to know yourself better and understand certain behaviours;
- you’ve tried everything and still can’t get rid of a problem.
I am guided by my passion to understand how the human mind works and how early experiences shaped who we are and what we do today.
I love to bring the latest scientifically validated methods into practice to increase the benefit to my clients in psychotherapy and personal development counseling.
My greatest achievements as a psychologist and psychotherapist are when my clients achieve their goals for therapy and personal development.
I currently practice integrative psychotherapy and personal development counseling in my office and online.
I keep an ongoing interest in collaborating with publications on mental health topics, Q&As, and interviews. Write to me at [email protected]
I am constantly working on my training and professional development as a psychologist, psychotherapist, trainer and counsellor. I hold the following certifications, certificates and accreditations
Private Practice License
Issued by the Romanian College of Psychologists, code 17105
European Certificate of Integrative Psychotherapist
Issued by the European Association of Integrative Psychotherapy
Integrative Psychotherapist Diploma
Issued by the Romanian Association of Integrative Psychotherapy
In intervention procedures in relational couple psychotherapy, issued by the Romanian Association of Integrative Psychotherapy
Issued by the Ministry of Labor, the Ministry of Education and the A.N.C., with European recognition
Personal Development Coach / Counseling Certificate
Issued by the Ministry of Labor, the Ministry of Education and the A.N.C., with European recognition
My experience in the psychotherapy office
In individual therapy (in person or online), among the issues I have experience with and can help with, are:
- depression (clinical);
- anxiety and panic attacks;
- divorce, bereavement, loss;
- stress and burnout;
- solving the emotional and psychological problems;
- self-sabotage and self-criticism;
- low self-confidence;
- eating problems;
- negative emotions you feel (anger, sadness, fear);
- difficult feelings that you can’t manage on your own;
- family difficulties;
- problems with communication in a couple, at work or in other relationships;
- emotional problems.
If you find your distress in the above list, I welcome you to make an appointment online.
People who experience anxiety (or anxiety disorders) benefit from psychotherapy by understanding how their mind works, how they can release stress and then learning practical ways to cope with the anxiety that can still arise throughout life.
As a therapist I can say that anxiety issues or disorders are very common. The psychological intervention in anxiety is important and very helpful in reducing symptoms, relaxing and giving people confidence that they can better control a situation that seems to be getting out of hand.
I have helped people suffering from clinical depression to improve their relationship with themselves and others. This is an important step in starting to feel better when suffering from depression.
Another aspect of psychological intervention for depression is that it can be combined with medication, in which case it is important to work as a team with your psychiatrist.
A psychological session with a therapist is, and should always be, the first place we go when we feel the onset of depression or specific symptoms: constant sadness, lack of enjoyment of life, lack of energy or appetite, weight loss, to name a few.
By working with a psychologist many people have managed to overcome clinical depression and have restored their enjoyment of life.
Divorce, grief and bereavement
They can provide psychological support to cope with loss, divorce or bereavement. This means accepting the loss and letting go of the past in order to live fully in the present.
Those who feel they need to talk to a therapist or psychologist can find inner peace after a loss by seeking psychological services.
Lack of support from a psychologist (either psychotherapy, psychological counselling) in difficult life situations, trauma, can lead to complications in many areas of life. It’s good to at least try to make an appointment for a session to see how you feel.
I can offer psychological support through psychotherapy or counselling to deal with problems in your family, such as arguments or difficult relationships. This is an important step in improving your relationship with family members.
In working with adults we have succeeded, in online sessions or in the office in Bucharest, together with them to improve the most important relationships of their lives: the relationship with parents, children, brothers and sisters, i.e. the relationships in the family.
Whether it’s communication in a couple, at work or with other people, I can help you improve your communication. This is important for maintaining a healthy and balanced relationship.
As a therapist I often meet people who are afraid to express their needs, thoughts, desires. In my work as a psychologist, communication is an area where many people ask for help. Truly authentic communication is free from the fear of expressing what you want, and as a therapist I can support you communicate more effectively.
Difficult emotional states
One area I specialise in is emotional intelligence. This is a skill that helps us understand and manage our emotional states. The better you understand yourself, the better you can learn how to manage your emotions and feel better.
A psychologist or psychotherapist is the right specialist to help you really overcome fear, or other difficult negative emotions. Many clients have been able to get to know their emotions better and manage them effectively when they arise. It can be hard at first when working with a psychologist to improve your emotional management skill or your emotional intelligence, but this kind of therapeutic work related to emotions is extremely important in our lives.
Self-confidence, self-esteem, underpins well-being. If you have low self-esteem there is an important step you need to take to improve your relationship with yourself. Psychotherapy can support you to have more confidence in yourself and feel better about yourself.
You can make an appointment for an in-office session in Bucharest or online using the scheduler on the online appointment page.
See the list of psychological services
How I support you as a psychotherapist
Making an appointment to come to therapy can be a difficult step, even for those seeking help from a psychotherapist or psychologist. I try to find the right approach for each individual so that they can reap the benefits of integrative therapy as quickly as possible.
Services offered: psychotherapy, online psychotherapy, psychological counselling, personal development.
Once you start talking about the problems you are facing, there is a possibility to find solutions or at least a different way of looking at them. Together we can identify what behaviours and attitudes are holding you back and help you change them.
Your motivation, your desire, coupled with the therapy carried out, will guide you to find the best solutions to the problems in your life.
I trust that everyone has within themselves the necessary resources to deal with the problems they face, and my goal as a psychologist and psychotherapist is to give you the support and tools to discover these resources.
People who go to therapy and work with a therapist feel better in general, notice an improvement in their condition, understand themselves better, understand where certain problems come from, where they have learned certain patterns of behavior or thinking, limiting beliefs, and improve their lives in general.
The integrative therapy methods used are: cognitive-behavioural counselling, transactional analysis, client-centred psychotherapy, gestalt therapy, psychoanalysis-based therapy, psychosynthesis.
How I can help you from my role as a personal development counsellor
Personal development counselling can help you if you want to learn how to better manage difficult situations you encounter, improve your relationships and cope better with changes in your life.
Unlike psychotherapy, personal development counselling is less in-depth and focuses mainly on current problems and their resolution.
As a personal development counsellor I can help you to:
- learn to manage your time and activities better;
- improve your relationships with those around you;
- cope better with changes at work or in your family;
- better manage stress and improve your health;
- develop your personal and professional skills;
- prepare for a new career or promotion at work.
You can make an appointment online for both online and in-person counselling sessions.
Why see a psychotherapist?
Psychotherapy is a process in which personal problems are explored and solutions are sought. Psychotherapy can help you learn how to better manage your problems and cope with changes in your life.
Psychotherapy with a mental health professional (psychotherapist) can be a transformative experience that can change your life for the better, the way you see the world and how you feel in your life.
There are many reasons why people choose to go to psychotherapy. People understand that they need support and at first do their best to feel better. Therapy, counselling, these really help people make their lives better.
But I often see adults who have not been able to pick themselves up and feel lost. Life isn’t the best sometimes, but it’s good to seek out psychologists to work out the problems we have. They are specialists in mental health and have done years of study, learned how we function as people and can support us.
It’s good to seek psychotherapy services to treat clinical depression, anxiety, stress-related problems, eating disorders and more.
Psychotherapy can help you learn how to manage your problems and cope better with changes in your life or relationships.
The benefits of psychotherapy are:
- you gain more control over difficult symptoms you are experiencing
- heal psychological distress
- regain peace of mind
- get help from a specialist who understands you
- regain self-confidence
- regain the joy of living
- you feel better in general
- you are more satisfied with life
Psychotherapy services, either online or in an office in Bucharest, in face-to-face sessions, can be a powerful therapeutic experience. Depending on the problems you have and your goals, psychotherapy can last a few sessions or several months, but it is efficient.
CV Psychotherapist Valentina Dragomir
Psihologist and Independent Integrative Psychotherapist
- Member of the European Association for Integrative Psychotherapy
- Member of the Romanian Board of Psychologists
- Member of Romanian Association of Integrative Psychotherapy
- Licensed integrative psychotherapist accredited by the European Association for Integrative Psychotherapy and the Romanian Board of Psychologists
- Licensed Trainer – By the Ministry of Labor, the Ministry of Education and the A.N.C., with European recognition
- Licensed Personal development counsellor – Ministry of Labor, the Ministry of Education and the A.N.C., with European recognition
- Integrative Psychotherapy
- Psychotherapy for child, adolescent, adult, couple and family;
- Personal Development;
- Founder of PsihoSensus Academy
- Founder of PsihoSensus Therapy
- Psychologist – Psychotherapist Independent Therapy Office, Bucharest 2022
- Trainer – 2020 – present
- Personal Development Coach / Couselor – 2020 – present
- Well-being Supervizor – 2019 – present
- Psychologist-Psychotherapist – Dragomir&Preda Societate Civilă Profesională de Psihologie, Bucharest, 2016 – 2022
- Psychologist-Psychotherapist – Asociația Ana și Copiii, Bucharest, 2015 – 2018
- Psychologist-Psychotherapist – Policlinica Socială Regina Maria nr. 2, Bucharest, 2015
- Psychologist-Psychotherapist – Private practice, Bucharest, 2014 – prezent
The projects below were developed individually or in partnership with other psychotherapists
- PsihoSensus Academy, online personal development platform for online personal development courses
- Personal development course for improving self esteem
- Therapy group for women
- Therapy and support group for Women who love too much – based on the book with the same name written by Robin Norwood; two groups facilitated
- Therapy group for people who suffer from depression and bipolar disorder
Romanian Association of Integrative Psychotherapy, Bucharest:
- Integrative psychotherapy training 2012 – 2016
- Integrative psychotherapist diploma, independent practice 2016 – present
- Intervention Procedures for Couple Psychotherapy – Romanian Association of Integrative Psychotherapy, August 2014;
- Psychotherapy Integration – Relation of Self with Spiritual Dimension and the Transcendent – Romanian Association of Integrative Psychotherapy, June 2014;
- Relational Body Psychotherapy – Romanian Association of Integrative Psychotherapy, June 2014;
- Faculty of Psychology, Spiru Haret University, Bucharest, daily courses, 2007-2010: Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
- Trainer Course – June 2020, MT Evolution Academy
- Coaching / Counseling for personal development Course – June 2020, MT Evolution Academy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Narcissistic Personality Disorder – Event organized by Center for Cognitive Psychotherapy Studies and the Romanian Association for Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy, Bucharest, July 2019
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder – Event organized by Center for Cognitive Psychotherapy Studies and the Romanian Association for Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy, Bucharest, June 2019
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Social Phobia – Event organized by Center for Cognitive Psychotherapy Studies and the Romanian Association for Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy, Bucharest, May 2019
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Eating Disorders – Event organized by Center for Cognitive Psychotherapy Studies and the Romanian Association for Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy, Bucharest, May 2019
- National Psychology Conference Edition VIII: “Practical Applications in Development of Psychology” – Event organized by Smart Psi Association, Bucharest, November 2018
- National Psychology Conference Edition VII: “Practical Applications in Development of Psychology” – Event organized by Smart Psi Association, Bucharest, November 2017
- National Psychology Conference Edition VI: “Practical Applications in Development of Psychology” – Event organized by Smart Psi Association, Bucharest, November 2016
- National Psychology Conference. Psychologist’s Day, Edition III. Psychologist’s Gala – Event organized by Romanian Board of Psychologists, Bucharest, May 2016
- National Psychology Conference Edition V: “Practical Applications in Development of Psychology” – Event organized by Smart Psi Association, Bucharest, November 2015
- National Psychology Conference. Psychologist’s Day, Edition II. Psychologist’s Gala – Event organized by Romanian Board of Psychologists, Bucharest, May 2015
- National Psychology Conference „When Knowing is Not Enough” Psychological Dimensions in Various Human Contexts – Event Organized by Hyperion University, Bucharest, May 2015
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Course Accredited by the Romanian Board of Psychotherapists: Couples Therapy – Centrul Confident, October 2022
- Course Accredited by the Romanian Board of Psychotherapists: Psychotrauma – Assessment and psychological intervention – Centrul Confident, December 2021
- Course Accredited by the Romanian Board of Psychotherapists: Anger Management – Asociația Catharsis, October 2020
- The Clinical Psychology of Children and Young People at Coursera.org – The University of Edinburgh – prof. Matthias Schwannauer, Dr. Stella Chan, Emily Taylor, Dr Joanne Williams
- Psychological First Aid at Coursera.org – Johns Hopkins University – PhD. George S. Everly, Jr.
- Learning how to learn. Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects at Coursera.org – University of California, San Diego – Prof. Dr. Barbara Oakley, Dr. Terrence Senjowski
Attended workshops in the National Psychology Conference “Practical Applications in Development of Psychology” 2018:
- Session of scientific research presentation
- Dr. Vlad Nichita and Psych. Tamara Nichita – “Odontophobia, a new challenge for clinical psychologists and psychotherapists”
- Lect. Univ. Dr. Angela Boglut – “Neuropsychological implications of eating”
- Psych. Violeta-Florentina Kaparaliotis and Psih. Princ. Atena Stoica – “Psychological approach in changing eating behavior”
- Psych. Atena Stoica and Psych. Andreea Rusu – “Becoming aware of professional experience and personal reactions in the process of evaluation of therapeutic intervention”
Attended workshops in the National Psychology Conference “Practical Applications in Development of Psychology” 2017:
- Psych. Cristina Fulop – “Couples relationships between masculine and feminine”
Attended workshops in the National Psychology Conference “Practical Applications in Development of Psychology” 2016:
- Psych. Cristina Fulop – ”Study cases about couples relationship”
Participation to all workshops in the National Psychology Conference, Edition III.
Attended workshops in the National Psychology Conference “Practical Applications in Development of Psychology” 2015:
- Lect. Univ. Dr. Angela Bogluț – Workshop: „Symptom structure in systemic family psychology”
Attended all workshops in the National Psychology Conference Psychologist’s Day, Edition II:
- Prof. univ. dr. Irina Holdevici – “Psychology today”
- Psih. dr. Ștefan Iulian Laurențiu: ”One aspect of the activity of the psychologist, the psychological expertise – the judiciary probe. the new paradigm in applying the ethical professional principles„
- Presentation Prof. univ. dr. Adrian Opre – “The Adolescents: finding identity and moral guides”
- Prof. univ. dr. Ion Mânzat -”Applications of sinergic psychology”
- Prof. univ. dr. Daniel David -“Intercultural Clinical Psychology: New implications for psychotherapeutic practice”
- Prof. univ. dr. Mihai Anitei – “The Black Triad. Identifying toxic leaders in organisations”
Attended to workshops in the National Psychology Conference „When Knowing is Not Enough”:
- Lector Univ. Dr. Maria Tănase Mânzat – ”Meeting our other side – Jungian approach”
- Masterand Victoria Docu – ”Creative communication models in psychotherapy”
- Lect. Univ. Dr. Mihaela Stomff, Psih. Psychotherapist Dorina Stamate and Psih. Psychotherapist Ana Negrea – ”Relational Needs”
- Psih. Psychotherapist Cristina Bîrzoiu and Psih. Psychotherapist Irina Manta – ”Me through my own and other’s eyes . Psychodramatic exploration”